At Leagues Ahead Diving the staff are young, fun and dedicated scuba divers, with a genuine passion for the underwater world of Gran Canaria and our students. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional customer service and going above and beyond to ensure that your underwater adventures in Gran Canaria are unforgettable. We are also passionate about conserving the underwater world with instructor Sophie being an aquatic committee trustee of ‘Clean Gran Canaria.’ This means that if you would like to more about reducing plastic waste and maintaining our underwater landscape then Sophie is more than happy to tell you how! Why not check out some of our reviews on TripAdvisor to see how previous customers feel about our staff.
Our staff each have a particular field they specialise in, instructor Sophie specialises in teaching children and nervous beginners, whereas instructor James loves the deeper dives, so we cater the instructor to your needs. But whatever instructor or divemaster you dive with, you are guaranteed to have a great time! Furthermore, safety is of the utmost importance to the staff here at Leagues Ahead Diving. We ensure that an emergency oxygen kit and first aid kit are with us at all times when diving and that our staff are highly trained in oxygen administration with them refreshing their first aid skills every 6 months.
Our one on one training policy:
Here at Leagues Ahead Diving we conduct a one on one training policy. This means that when you are taking your first breaths underwater you will have an instructor with you at all times, from completing the paperwork, the briefing, the training and the dive they will treat you like a VIP! We find this a great way to learn to dive as if you wish to stay shallower than your partner or family, one instructor can take you on a different route and cater the dive around your needs, If one person needs longer training then that is no problem at all - you are the boss! By completing one on one training it means that you learn to dive at your own pace, in a calm, relaxed and fun way.
Not just a scuba diving lesson:
Instead of just teaching you to dive, we like to create a fun day out for the whole family with no stress. Leagues Ahead Diving believe being in a relaxed environment is the best learning environment. We provide snacks and refreshments for after dive energy and complimentary hotel transfers. This means all you have to do is bring your swimming costume and a smile and we will take care of the rest!
- Daily complimentary pick-up service from your hotel to the dive centre in Playa del Ingles
- If you prefer we can arrange a direct pick-up from your hotel directly to the dive site. All your equipment will be prepared and waiting for you!
- Our dive centre has storage for your belongings, which you are free to store at your leisure.
- We provide dives to cater for all your needs. Perhaps you are after a little adrenaline rush at El Cabron or a nice relaxing dive in Amadores.
- We provide brand new, top of the range diving equipment from the leading manufacturer Cressi
- Experienced instructors and friendly guides
- Gran Canaria with its volcanic history is incredibly beautiful and has a wide and diverse variety of marine life. And we know all the hidden gems
- Even though we're situated in the south of the island, in the tourism capital Maspalomas, we offer dives on the whole island and provide transport from Playa del Ingles, Puerto Rico, Amadores, Puerto de Mogan, Bahia Feliz and many other places around the island!
- We provide snacks and coffee for our little road trips up north, e.g. to the cute township of Sardina del Norte, underwater structures like La Catedral or the famous Arona wreck at 40m.